1st Quarter Speech: Create Your Own Superhero or Your Choice of Topic
Goal: To create a 1 minute speech discussing what type of superhero you would be or invent your own topic such as introducing yourself to the class.
Summative Standards Assessed:
Standard 7: Present focused claims with support, using eye contact, volume, and elocution.
Timeline & Due date: Time will be given in class to work on this Tuesday, September 20th. September 23rd, 2016 - all speeches will be performed in class live.
Students will write and perform a 1 minute speech discussing what type of superhero they would be if they had to invent one,or a speech introducing themselves to the class, or on any other self-chosen topic.
If you are introducing yourself here are suggestions for things to include:
- What does your name mean or how did you get your name?
- Where were you born?
- What are things you are great at?
- What are things you are passionate about?
- What is your family like?
If you are doing the superhero here are suggestions for things to include:
- How would they become a superhero?
- What would their superpowers be?
- What would their name be?
- What would they look like?
- What would their main purpose be?
- Would they be good superheroes or villains? Why would they choose that?
- What would their superhero gadgets be?
- Where would their lair (hideout) be and what would it look like?
- Use their time wisely in class so they do not have to work on it at home.
- Time their speech to make sure it is right around 1 minute, not too short and not too long
- Practice their speech to make sure they feel comfortable.
- Have a way of supporting themselves through their speech, meaning they can use notecards or a manuscript, however, they may not read their speech but need to deliver it as best as they can.
- Content does not get assessed, only speaking skills.