Math – The unit wrapped up today with final thoughts on capacity and volume. The students should now feel comfortable with formulas of area of a triangle, parallelogram, rectangle as well as volume. The test will take place on Tuesday, April 2nd with the pre-test the following day.
Social Studies – We loved
so much that we ended up putting
social studies on hold this week. We
therefore will do our student-driven project after spring break. I cannot wait to see what the students choose
to research. Dream City
Writing – Fantasy stories were due today and I will be enjoying them over break. The imagination in here is just wild! April is poetry month and we will be investigating, reading and writing our own. Even though many of the boys have told me they hate poetry, I am going to work very hard to hopefully sway them.
Science – It was all about the
this week as we took our math and science concepts and started building 3D
models of a city. Math concepts used
included scale, area, perimeter, percentages.
Science concepts used included landforms, models, as well as maps. Dream City
Special Notes –
* We have been hard at work on our video for 12th graders in
Singapore. After break we will be sending the video to
them to introduce ourselves. We are
excited to hear back from them.
* We also participated in our first lip dub with kids from all over
and the US. We cannot wait to see the finished music
video for the song “Is Somebody Singing.”
The kids really got into it.
*Some of the students have been blogging their hearts out, there have been fantastic posts that have generated quite a few comments. I am so proud of how they start dialogues with others. We have received 65,000 blog views in the 4 months that we have been blogging, that is absolutely mind-blowing incredible!
* Karina from the middle school came to tell us about middle school. She had created a wonderful mini-presentation and then took questions. The students said they loved it and they had wonderful questions.
* Please sign the report card envelopes that were sent home yesterday. We need them back for the final report card of the year.
* Please remember to send in Engineering Expo permission slips and money. They are due today so if you forgot please send them in after break. We can take as many chaperones as possible so come with us, chaperones are free!
* Spring break March 23rd through March 31st, Engineering Expo April 18th, Guidance counselor from Glacier Creek April 16th at 1:30 PM, Middle School visit April 30th 8:30 AM, Track Meet May 2nd all day.