Math – We finished unit 4 and this so far this is the most laborious test with plenty of opportunities for the students to have silly mistakes. We were thrilled to see how many kids felt more secure in division and know that we will continue to keep an eye on all the skills. So far the test will be December 21st. Since the trimester ends today, all students have to test out of fact tests again. We will start these on Monday.
Science – We have started variables, however, with the extreme loss of my voice we couldn’t do more experiments this week. So next week, we are back on it with more swinger experiments based on student predictions.
Social Studies – We debated whether
was a hero or a villain to much success and excitement. We also then started our student created
project exploring particular explorers and did our very first mystery
Skype. I love hearing kids say that they love social
Writing – We have been working on creating thesis statements and coming up with reasons to support them. We have started writing our mini stories today to support our reasons and have also done our first blogging challenge, in which I asked the kids to be very honest about the first trimester. Blogging challenges are posted every Friday and always due the following Friday at 8 PM.
Special Notes –
* Swimming continues next week Tuesday and Thursday.
* Thank you for box tops brought in, the contest ended this week.
* We are almost at 50 Pride paws for our walking in the hallways, finally!
* Snow gear is a necessity at this time of the year. Please help your child bring in everything they need to stay warm. If students need help acquiring gear please let mw know or contact Mrs. Simms-Mormino.
* Our winter break celebration is scheduled for the 21st of December so far. We are hoping to have pizza lunch and then go sledding after recess. It will, of course, be snow-dependent. Mrs. Johnson will be contacting those who signed up to volunteer/donate food.
* Winter tea is this Wednesday; do join us if you can!
* Spelling bee is December 10th. Graham, Buddy, Noah E, and Billy will be representing our class at 8:30 AM in the multipurpose room, parents are welcome.
* Report cards will be sent home the week of December 10th. It will be the new report cards with the new rubrics. Please contact me with any questions.
* We started creating our holiday cards today, can’t wait to get them in the mail.
* Thank you for all of the scholastic book orders, they have all been submitted and should be here soon.
* I have some dates for you to put on your calendars: Swimming December, 4 and 6th, Winter Tea Wednesday, December 5th at 9:35 AM, Spelling Bee Monday, December 10th at 8:30 AM, Sub in the morning December 11th, Winter Party is December 21st at 1:30 PM (we are hoping it will be a sledding party) and winter break is from December 22nd through January 2nd.